Thursday, April 28, 2011

Favorite Stain Removers for Babies, Toddlers and Husbands

When I had my son I was introduced to stains I had never imagined possible. The standard stain removers of my past no longer fit the bill. Here are some of my new favorite finds for treating stains.



Zote Laundry Soap Bar - Pink 14 oz

Zote Laundry Soap Bar
In my family we refer to Zote as Poop Soap. My cousin Natalie recommended it before I had my baby. It is a large brick of pink laundry soap that costs around a dollar. Rinse the clothing and rub the soap directly onto the stain. I found that a combination of SPRAY'N WASH and Zote worked wonders to remove stains that neither product removed on their own. I always made sure to double rinse all clothing that had been stain treated to remove any chemical residue.

Dial Corp. 04303 Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar Soap
Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar Soap
I have a few friends who use this brand for stains south of the border. Another great option that is inexpensive.

Clorox Bleach Pen Gel, 2 oz (56 g)

Clorox Bleach Pen
I love this pen because it is less messy and works better for small stains than regular liquid bleach.

Tide with Bleach Alternative Original Scent with Actilift, 26 Loads, 50-Ounce
Tide with Bleach Alternative Original Scent with Actilift, 26 Loads, 50-Ounce
I started using this once my son began eating solid food. I really feel like it cleaned better than the free and clear detergent I was previously using.
Tide Stain Release Duo Pac Free, 10-Count (Pack of 4)
Tide Stain Release Duo Pac Free, 10-Count (Pack of 4)
I add these to the wash on days when the clothes are particularly stained and dingy.


Biz Laundry Stain Fighter, 37.5 oz (Pack of 6)
Biz uses enzymes to treat protein stains like formula, blood and other lovely things like poop.


When in doubt on how to treat a particular stain this chart by Martha Stewart is helpful to have posted in the laundry area. This chart by Martha Stewart is specific to baby laundry and stains.



Totally Toddler Stain Remover
I have never personally tried Totally Toddler but it has received great reviews.

Baby skin is particularly delicate to be sure and well rinse all items of clothing.

What are your favorite stain removers?

We are participating in  these link parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment