Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Home Inspiration: Deck Makeover

When we purchased our house it had been empty for around two years. The house was only four years old but the poor deck had been neglected. I didn't want the wood to begin rotting so I decided it was time for a makeover. 
After



Before
Before: The Stairs

I used Sherwin Williams Deckscapes in Shagbark. The area is small so I only needed one gallon. I also gave the door a fresh coat of paint using Sherwin Williams Westhighland White. 
After


I purchased a $6.00 doormat from Ross. I would like a flower box on the railing once the weather warms up. 

After

I think it makes the back of the house look much better. The wood is also now protected from the elements. What outdoor improvements do you have planned this summer? 

We are participating in  these link parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment